* RE: Re: [Swsusp-devel] ACPI A/C adaptor status not updated upon resume
@ 2003-07-18 23:53 Grover, Andrew
       [not found] ` <F760B14C9561B941B89469F59BA3A8470255EE9D-sBd4vmA9Se4Lll3ZsUKC9FDQ4js95KgL@public.gmane.org>
From: Grover, Andrew @ 2003-07-18 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ka-shu Wong
  Cc: Nigel Cunningham, EricAltendorf-gZ4DH+Stb0k, swsusp-devel, ACPI List

> From: Ka-shu Wong [mailto:kswong-LJ1TwQYPT6cQrrorzV6ljw@public.gmane.org]
> Has there been any progress on this issue?
>
> I'm running kernel 2.4.21 with acpi-20030619 and swsusp-1.0.2 on my
> toshiba portege 2000, and I'm getting the same problem.
>
> Disassembling the _PSR method gives:
>
> 000031bd:     Method _PSR (\_SB_.ADP1._PSR)
> 000031c3:       ArgCount 0; NotSerialized
> 000031c4:       Return
> 000031c5:         \_SB_.MEM_.ACST (000002da)
>
> It seems that it is storing its state somewhere and changing it based
> on events.  Software suspend is probably saving this state
> and restoring
> it upon resume.

See, now your system is different from Eric's, which looks like this:
        Device (MEM) {
            OperationRegion (SRAM, SystemMemory, 0x000EE800, 0x1800)
            Field (SRAM, AnyAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                Offset (0xFF),
                ACST,   1,
		}

            Method (_PSR, 0, NotSerialized)
            {
                Return (\_SB.MEM.ACST)
            }

So, all his _PSR does is check a bit in system memory, whereas yours
calls another control method, so I don't know what your machine does
from there. Can you go look?

Basically, I am at a loss as to why Eric's machine would report the
wrong thing. Whoever is setting that bit in memory isn't doing it
properly, for some reason. (There could be a lot of reasons. Eric, you
might try sticking a printk in the memory read function in
drivers/acpi/osl.c and seeing that we are doing a read from 0x000EE8FF
and what the value is.)

Regards -- Andy

PS if you're curious the EE8FF is because the SRAM operation region is
defined as a memory range starting at 0xEE800, and ACST is a field
offset 0xFF bytes from that.
PPS if you look at the E820 map on bootup, this should be in reserved
space.
PPPS ok that's it everyone have a great weekend! ;-)

* RE: Re: [Swsusp-devel] ACPI A/C adaptor status not updated upon resume
@ 2003-07-19  0:01 Grover, Andrew
From: Grover, Andrew @ 2003-07-19  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Grover, Andrew, Ka-shu Wong
  Cc: Nigel Cunningham, EricAltendorf-gZ4DH+Stb0k, swsusp-devel, ACPI List

> From: Grover, Andrew

> Basically, I am at a loss as to why Eric's machine would report the
> wrong thing. Whoever is setting that bit in memory isn't doing it
> properly, for some reason. (There could be a lot of reasons. Eric, you
> might try sticking a printk in the memory read function in
> drivers/acpi/osl.c and seeing that we are doing a read from 0x000EE8FF
> and what the value is.)
>
> Regards -- Andy
>
> PS if you're curious the EE8FF is because the SRAM operation region is
> defined as a memory range starting at 0xEE800, and ACST is a field
> offset 0xFF bytes from that.

Or actually the read would be at 0xEE900. Sorry.

Regards -- Andy

* RE: Re: [Swsusp-devel] ACPI A/C adaptor status not updated upon resume
@ 2003-07-17 20:49 Grover, Andrew
       [not found] ` <F760B14C9561B941B89469F59BA3A847E9704C-sBd4vmA9Se4Lll3ZsUKC9FDQ4js95KgL@public.gmane.org>
From: Grover, Andrew @ 2003-07-17 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nigel Cunningham, EricAltendorf-gZ4DH+Stb0k; +Cc: swsusp-devel, ACPI List

Well we actually are calling the _PSR control method to implement the
"state" proc entry. Of course, that's just calling a control method so
who knows what the control method does -- I'd have to see what _PSR
looks like...can you get your dsdt from /proc/acpi/dsdt, disassemble
with iasl -d and post what _PSR is?

Thanks -- Regards -- Andy