From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot-Users] Where do I need to call my set-enet-address function?
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:12:01 +0200	[thread overview]

In message <4.3.1.2.20030724173324.01755348@jittlov.qualcomm.com> you wrote:

>    I trying to get rid off hard-coded mac addresss and trying to set the
> mac address by reading from the eeprom.  I commented the CONFIG_ETHADDR in
> the config file and called my function from the lib_ppc/board.c (init
> routine), it complains about ethaddr not set.  Where is the appropriate
> place to call my function.

Use the existing framework? See  the  "Note  for  Redundant  Ethernet
Interfaces" in the README.

If you add such a feature, please do it the same  way  as  it's  been
done for the other ethernet drivers that support this feature.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Some people march to the beat of a different drummer. And some people
tango!