From: Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists@icequake.net>
To: linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: dosemu 1.1.5.7 (was Re: dosemu 1.1.5.6)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 12:58:33 -0500	[thread overview]

Hi Bart,

I updated my unofficial dosemu-devel debian package for 1.1.5.7.
http://home.icequake.net/~nemesis/debian/binary/dosemu-devel_1.1.5.7-1_i386.deb

Also, the following code in Makefile.conf presents a problem:
ifeq (0,${MAKELEVEL})
  export abs_top_builddir:=$(shell cd $(top_builddir) && pwd -P)
  SUBDIR := $(subst $(abs_top_builddir)/src/,,$(shell pwd -P))
else
endif

The problem is that when debian/rules install target calls the install
target for DOSEMU, MAKELEVEL is 1, not zero, so abs_top_builddir is not
set, and Makefile.main's install target tries to rm -rf /tmp (!).

This is only a problem when using the debian build system (which also
uses make) -- a standalone build doesn't do it.

Changing ifeq (1,${MAKELEVEL}) works for debuild, but is a hack.

Ryan

Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253
-