From: Ducrot Bruno <ducrot-kk6yZipjEM5g9hUCZPvPmw@public.gmane.org>
To: Eric Northup <digitale-eFwX6J65rk/J8bqQQ1YlwQ@public.gmane.org>
Cc: acpi-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: Shuttle SB61G2 fan speed
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 10:58:22 +0200	[thread overview]

On Tue, Oct 07, 2003 at 09:45:03PM -0400, Eric Northup wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a Shuttle mini-PC currently running linux 2.6-test6 (but I have
> seen this issue w/all kernels I've tried, 2.4.x and 2.5.x).  It has a
> "smart" fan control, which regulates the speed of the system fan
> according to the temperature (a Thermal Zone in ACPI terms, yes?).  The
> problem is: as soon as Linux gets control from GRUB, the fan goes to
> full speed and stays there.
>
> I have flashed the BIOS to the latest (which claimed to fix a fan speed
> problem with Windows), but the problem persists.  So I don't know if it
> is a case of pilot error, a Linux bug, or a BIOS bug.  Any help sorting
> this out would be much appreciated :)
>
> Please CC me on replies, as I'm not subscribed to acpi-devel.

please send me your dsdt (or better make it available in
a web site, or ftp..) via something like that:

wget http://developer.intel.com/technology/iapc/acpi/downloads/pmtools-20010730.tar.gz
tar xzvfp pmtools-20010730.tar.gz
cd pmtools-20010730/acpidmp
make
sudo ./acpidmp DSDT > dsdt
gzip dsdt

--
Ducrot Bruno

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.

Welcome to geek heaven.
http://thinkgeek.com/sf