* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory Map
@ 2003-10-14 14:33 Raghu
From: Raghu @ 2003-10-14 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi,

Looking for a document for u-boot memory map. Enabling
DEBUG at board.c I got few of them, Is there any
addition to this ?

CPU:   unknown MPC860 (0x08000003) at 50 MHz: 4 kB
I-Cache 4 kB D-Cache FEC pres
ent
Board: Force ( MPC852T )
DRAM:  64 MB
Top of RAM usable for U-Boot at: 04000000
Reserving 256k for U-Boot at: 03fc0000
Reserving 448k for malloc() at: 03f50000
Reserving 60 Bytes for Board Info at: 03f4ffc4
Reserving 44 Bytes for Global Data at: 03f4ff98
Stack Pointer at: 03f4ff78
New Stack Pointer is: 03f4ff78
Now running in RAM - U-Boot at: 03fc0000
FLASH: 1 MB
AM29LV008BB (8 Mbit, bottom boot sect)
http://shopping.yahoo.com

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory Map
@ 2003-10-14 14:54 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-10-14 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <20031014143335.59640.qmail@web40413.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> Looking for a document for u-boot memory map. Enabling
> DEBUG at board.c I got few of them, Is there any
> addition to this ?

Sorry, I can't parse this. What exactly is your question?

The memory map is something you define BEFORE starting  to  port  any
software, not something that is magically hidden in U-Boot.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"Summit meetings tend to be like panda matings. The expectations  are
always high, and the results usually disappointing."   - Robert Orben

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory Map
@ 2003-10-15  2:28   ` Raghu
From: Raghu @ 2003-10-15  2:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Oh Sorry,
For putting wrong words..!
>> I got few of them, Is there any
>> addition to this ?
>
> Sorry, I can't parse this. What exactly is your
> question?
>
> The memory map is something you define BEFORE
> starting  to  port  any
> software, not something that is magically hidden in
> U-Boot.

I want to know where in RAM the u-boot maintains its
code and data. The monitor code begins from the
highest memory in RAM, then we have the malloc region,
Stack, board info, global data etc etc. Are some of
u-boot data maintained else where.

As mentioned in the README/Docs when we perform mem
test board hangs on writes or read at certain regions.
I get this at RAM address 0 aswell.

A small write up on this will help all

Warm Regards
Raghu

http://shopping.yahoo.com

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory Map
@ 2003-10-15  6:52     ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2003-10-15  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <20031015022817.19022.qmail@web40404.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I want to know where in RAM the u-boot maintains its
> code and data. The monitor code begins from the
> highest memory in RAM, then we have the malloc region,
> Stack, board info, global data etc etc. Are some of
> u-boot data maintained else where.

What exactly are you missing in section "Memory  Management"  of  the
README file?

> As mentioned in the README/Docs when we perform mem
> test board hangs on writes or read at certain regions.
> I get this at RAM address 0 aswell.

It is probably not a good idea to overwrite the exception vector code
while the system has interrupts enabled...

> A small write up on this will help all

It's all there. You just have to read it.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
News is what a chap who doesn't care much  about  anything  wants  to
read. And it's only news until he's read it. After that it's dead.
                           - Evelyn Waugh _Scoop_ (1938) bk. 1, ch. 5

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory map.
@ 2007-03-16  9:14     ` Andreas Schweigstill
From: Andreas Schweigstill @ 2007-03-16  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello!

swapnil borgaonkar schrieb:
> I have contacted Samsung FAE. but not got any technical support on this
> issue till now.

You really expect us to give you support for an U-Boot version
with patches which have been supplied by a third-party?

And why don't you follow Wolfgang Denk's recommendation *NOT* to post
in HTML on this list? Not knowing how to configure your e-mail client
would be a very bad excuse.

With best regards
Andreas Schweigstill

--
Dipl.-Phys. Andreas Schweigstill
Schweigstill IT | Embedded Systems

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory map.
@ 2007-03-16  3:20   ` swapnil borgaonkar
From: swapnil borgaonkar @ 2007-03-16  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Wolfgang Denk,

I have a custom board with Processor is Samsung 2412 , Arm926EJ-S. ( My
board has 64MB mobile SDRAM , 32MB Nand Flash. Serial Port, and USB ) no
other devices as of now.

I have received a u-boot source 1.1.4 from Samsung FAE. With added files for
SMDK2412 board. I have compiled and produced a u-boot.bin . And loaded this
file into the NAND flash using JTAG.

On power on i see the u-boot prompt. on minicom. The problem i'm facing now
are.

1. address 0x3000_0000, 0x3100_0000, 0x3200_0000 ,0x3300_0000 pointing to
same memory. a Write in 3000_0000 is duplicated in the other 3 locations
also.

2. I use "loadb" command to transfer a  bin file. but if i try to write the
file to Nand Flash using "nand write" command I get error. and Board hangs.

I have contacted Samsung FAE. but not got any technical support on this
issue till now.

Regards,
Swapnil

On 3/15/07, Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de> wrote:

> In message <48c25dd10703150323y3f6b49d5la946898ee8ca7f0f@mail.gmail.com>
> you wrote:
> >
> > I want to know more about the memory remap of u-boot.
>
> And your architecture and procxessor type is ...?
>
> > Also , which files to modify to suit my physical memory map.
>
> Make sure to read the README.
>
> > ------=_Part_69297_29799172.1173954199161
>
> And NEVER post HTML on this list!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk
>
> --
> DENX Software Engineering GmbH, HRB 165235 Munich, CEO: Wolfgang Denk
> Office:  Kirchenstr. 5,       D-82194 Groebenzell,            Germany
> A direct quote from the Boss: "We passed over a lot of good people to
> get the ones we hired."

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot Memory map.