From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot-Users] help - loading linux kernel
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:37:13 +0100	[thread overview]

Dear Ronen,

in message <3FA7F2E9.5080302@il.marvell.com> you wrote:

> I have a U-Boot which is working just fine,
> and I'm trying to boot a kernel(ver 2.4) image with it ,
> after I load the uImage to the DRAM by using the tftp as it is described
> in the README file, I'm doing bootm to the uImage location,
> I see that the code is getting to the kernel code , but there it get lost
> after we disable the MMU in head.S.

...in other words, you see no output on  the  console  after  passing
control to the Linux kernel.

> Are there any special changes I should make to the Kernel in order for
> it to be able to boot from the U-Boot??
> If so, where can I find a good reference for it??

Well, I think it is especially useful to read

(1) the README file which comes with U-Boot

(2) the FAQ section of the DULG at
    http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual
    Pay special attention to question "12.1.3. Linux hangs ..."
    at http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxHangsAfterUncompressingKernel

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
egrep patterns are full regular expressions; it uses a fast  determi-
nistic algorithm that sometimes needs exponential space.
- unix manuals