From: S Ait-Kassi <sait-kassi@zonnet.nl>
To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [update] Vesafb problem since 2.5.51
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 15:47:11 +0100	[thread overview]

On Friday 09 January 2004 21:57, you wrote:
> That is a normal config. I have the same thing. Try my latest patch. I did
> a up data again. This time the patch is against 2.6.0-rc3.
>
> P.S
>    Have tried the Radeon fbdev driver ?

I have before but I only got a blank screen. I just tried it with the latest
patch and it does work and doesn't exhibit the problem but has a couple of
drawbacks. The ACPI information and the start comes up distorted probably
because the framebuffer is getting initialized. I either get characters a
mile apart. (i.e. i         n                      f                       o)
and I just got some colored confetti instead of (ACPI) information.

That's not really my biggest problem because that would be the fact that my
tv-out isn't working. Looks like it's out of sync. The documentation on how
to control the framebuffer seems to be lacking somewhat. I don't no if the
ati-setup which was reintroduced could help me there? (I couldn't find it by
the way) The append="video=radeonfb:1024x768-24@85" doesn't seem to work
for me in the lilo config (I also tried radeon instead of radeonfb). I only
get a reolution 640x480 screen @60hz. The vesa framebuffer seems to be able
to control the tv-out independent of the resolution of the monitor. I don't
know if it's an issue with the radeonfb or that it just not featured?

Thanks,

S Ait-Kassi