On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:01:39AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote: > Hi! > > > > >> Dave had a good idea of a minimal ACPI parser for trying to retrieve the > > > >> table of p-states from an ACPI BIOS without needing the full AML interpreter. > > > >> I will see if I can get that to work in powernow-k8-acpi > > > > > > > > If done properly, that parsing code could be shared by the K7 > > > > driver too. > > > > > > Agreed. Function in a header file? Don't want the drivers attempting to > > > call each other at runtime. > > > > Works for me, or shove it out into its own .c file, and have both drivers link against it. > > Would acpi parsing be usefull for non-amd systems, too? The acpi "performance library", whether it uses the CONFIG_ACPI parser or some small independent parser, is (at least) also useful for - ACPI 2.0 P-States using I/O-port access [current arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi.c driver -- it can be cleaned up by that. In fact, I'm currently working on it.] - speedstep-centrino driver [can use ACPI info instead of built-in tables] [sample patch based on earlier acpi-perflib patch is in the cpufreq and acpi-devel archives] Dominik