Hi, yesterday I threw together a patchset to enable reiser4 for the vanilla 2.6.9-rc3 kernel. Basically I just downloaded the broken-out -mm2 patch and applied the reiser4 patches in the order described by the "patch-series" file. I did this because -mm has been too unstable for me and I don't need al the features that can be found in -cko or -klak or others patchsets. I would like to know how many troubles I'm running into :) So far the kernel seems to go fine and dandy, and some fsck's did not reveal any problem. I had to manually edit the reiser4-reget-something patch, which failed because it wanted to use the write_lock function instead of the spin_lock function that is found in vanilla -rc3. Also, I had to apply two non-reiser4 patches. The first added the "i_sb_list" member to the inode structure (it was the inodes-speedup patch), the second enabled generic acl and got rid of the "undeclared function" warning gcc gave. Now all reiser4 stuff compiles with no warnings at all. What are the pitfalls I'm falling in, doing this? Is this safe or is there stuff in -mm that is absolutely needed by reiser4? Thanks! -- Dr. Francesco Biscani Dipartimento di Astronomia Università di Padova biscani@pd.astro.it