From: Jurriaan <thunder7@xs4all.nl>
To: Jesse Burkhardt <jesse@skybuilders.com>
Cc: linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Fedora 2.0 - raid1 not working
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:57:06 +0100	[thread overview]

From: Jesse Burkhardt <jesse@skybuilders.com>
Date: Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:48:25PM -0500
>    What happens in failure mode is that the computer succeeds in completing
>    its POST (power on self test) cycle but never goes on to load the OS.
>
>    PS - Another user, [1]olchansk@sam.triumf.ca, says that kernel 2.6 is
>    broken as to raid1, but it has been patched, but not yet in the Fedora
>    version.

I'm not sure if current BIOS code still requires a single 'active'
partition on a single drive to boot. If it still does, that would
explain what happens to you.

As for the kernel being at fault - perhaps, I never noticed anything,
but if even grub doesn't come on, it surely isn't the kernel's fault.

Good luck,
Jurriaan
--
REAL LIFE MANAGEMENT 'DILBERT QUOTATIONS':
5: Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule. No one will