* Russell Coker [2004-12-10 20:04]: > On Saturday 11 December 2004 05:01, Daniel J Walsh wrote: > > Stephen Smalley wrote: > > >On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 12:06, Daniel J Walsh wrote: > > >>When installing a package within firefox, it attemps to exec > > >>system-config-packages which blows up because > > >>*-mozilla-t can not run userhelper apps. > > > > > >Installing a package within firefox? If you are talking about something > > >firefox downloaded, then why does it use system-config-packages? And I > > >would expect that you would end up installing any such packages local to > > >the user's home directory at most (and even then only if policy allows > > >writing to it), not on a system-wide basis. > > > > You can trigger it by executing > > firefox selinux-policy-strict-1.19.12-1.src.rpm > > We have mozilla running in it's own domain to limit the risk of exploits of > mozilla taking over the rest of the system. Allowing mozilla to install > packages seems to directly contradict this aim. > > Maybe we should just remove the mozilla policy? Or add a boolean to control the transition from the userdomain to mozilla. Then we can have a locked down policy for people who just want to securely browse the web. People who want all the bells and whistles can turn the transition off at the cost of higher exposure. Thomas -- http://www.cip.ifi.lmu.de/~bleher/selinux/ - my SELinux pages GPG-Fingerprint: BC4F BB16 30D6 F253 E3EA D09E C562 2BAE B2F4 ABE7