Hello, Here's again the resume-finish-split patch, this time CC-ed to Len. This patch splits up acpi_pm_leave. It introduces acpi_pm_leave which calls acpi_leave_sleep_state and acpi_disable_wakeup_device before resuming the devices. This improves S3 resume on an Acer Travelmate 800 and on the Samsung P3 notebook. Some archive references: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9091506 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=10315947 The background is that any write access to the pci config registers of some devices(sound card, usb 2.0 controler, and modem) cause a system lockup if they are called before acpi_leave_sleep_state and acpi_disable_wakeup_device were called. This is on an Acer Travelmate 803 Notebook, and it seems to be the same on other systems. I sent the patch to the list, but it seems that nobody noticed it and I forgot to send it again. Here is an updated patch against 2.6.10. I can't promise that it doesn't break other systems. Someone should make sure that pm_ops->leave is set to NULL for apm. I haven't found this in the apm code yet. Cheers, Stefan Dösinger