It's basically just like the code says. A lot of devices choke if you access them too quickly after enumeration. The 5 second delay seems to be enough for most devices. But we made it adjustable exactly for people like you. Matt On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 04:17:13PM -0800, Aleksey Gorelov wrote: > Hi Matt, Alan, > > Could you please tell me (link would do) why it makes default > delay_use=5 > really necessary (from the patch below)? > https://lists.one-eyed-alien.net/pipermail/usb-storage/2004-August/00074 > 7.html > > It makes USB boot really painfull and slow :( > > I understand there should be a good reason for it. I've tried to find > an answer in > archives, without much success though. > > Thanks, > Aleks. -- Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net Maintainer, Linux USB Mass Storage Driver Now payink attention, please. This is mouse. Click-click. Easy to use, da? Now you try... -- Pitr to Miranda User Friendly, 10/11/1998