Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2005 17:50 schrieb Karol Kozimor: > Thus wrote Carl-Daniel Hailfinger: > >> Bob, is the implicit return code supposed to trigger also when using > >> acpi_evaluate_object()? FYI, this is what we currently do: > >> > >> write_acpi_int(hotk->handle, "INIT", 0, &buffer) > >> (drivers/acpi/asus_acpi.c) > >> > >> which is fine if the INIT method returns a string (the usual), but > >> apparently not if there is no return statement in the method (the P30 > >> case). The old code assumed the buffer will be null in this case. > >> > >> Is that a bug in the ACPICA or should the asus_acpi code cover for other > >> cases of buffer.type? > > > > Will the fix for this be submitted to stable-DgEjT+Ai2ygdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org? I can't upgrade > > to 2.6.12.1 because of this oops. > > This should fix ya for now, but I can't sign it off until I get a comment > from Bob. This is still not fixed within 2.6.13_rc6. As 2.6.13 seems to be on the way and this bug is really grave/makes a piece of hardware unusable, can this be pushed to the kernel tree as soon as possible? cu, Hanno