From: Michael Vrable <mvrable@cs.ucsd.edu>
To: xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Cc: Prashanth Radhakrishnan <shanth@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: Copy-on-Write Memory
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 10:44:18 -0700	[thread overview]

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 08:59:30PM -0600, Prashanth Radhakrishnan wrote:
> > Yes, I'm still working on it.  The focus of that work was copy-on-write
> > sharing of memory for the purposes of building a (virtual) network of
> > honeypot systems.  We have a paper in SOSP this year, talking about that
> > work and the copy-on-write memory implementation.  See
> >     http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~mvrable/papers/2005-sosp-potemkin.pdf
> > for some information.
> >
> > I'm presently working on updating and cleaning that work up.
> >
> > --Michael Vrable
>
> Thanks for the info, Michael. Just wondering if this code has been checked
> into the Xen-unstable branch, or around when it would be checked in.
> (I din't find any related checkin by searching at
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-changelog/)

This work is not committed to xen-unstable, since it is currently based
on an older checkout of xen-unstable, and there's a lot of cleaning up
left to be done.  I'm hoping to have more to show within a month or two,
but if/when the work makes it to xen-unstable is up to the main Xen
developers.

Let me know if you want to see some of the current code to see how it
works, but be warned it's not currently easy to get running and has some
stability issues.

--Michael Vrable