On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 04:49:14PM +0100, Paweł Sikora wrote: > Dnia wtorek, 6 grudnia 2005 16:30, Florian Weimer napisał: > > * Brian Gerst: > > > Once again I'd like to point out that user's purchase power means jack > > > when they only have two choices for video: ATI and Nvidia. You can't > > > walk into a computer store and find anything else (I don't count > > > integrated video on the motherboard as a solution, since only Intel > > > boards have it, sorry AMD users). Even over the web it's hard to find > > > anything else. > > > > What about Matrox cards? Are there open drivers for accelerated 2D > > operation? > > Open 2D is nothing new. The OpenGL is a major part. > Matrox and XGI (e.g. Volari V3 based cards) have openGL parts closed. Interesting remark, but false. Xorg ships open source driver with full 3D acceleration suport forMatrox. -- Tomasz Torcz "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station zdzichu@irc.-nie.spam-.pl wagon filled with backup tapes." -- Jim Gray