From: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>
To: lkml@pengaru.com
Cc: Randy Dunlap <randy.dunlap@oracle.com>,
	clemens@dwf.com, LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Still cant boot 2.6.20
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 09:37:15 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:37:31AM -0600, lkml@pengaru.com wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:12:34PM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 01:02:47 -0600 lkml@pengaru.com wrote:
> >
> > > I don't see CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vito Caputo
> > >
> > > BTW, this isnt the appropriate place for asking this type of question...
> >
> > Please explain why not.
> >
> > And please delete large parts of email that are not needed in replies
> > (like the .config).
> > Thanks.
> >

> I was under the impression that lkml is for kernel development, not basic help
> with configuring your kernel.
>
> >From the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s3-8
>
>  "Remember that this is a list for the discussion of kernel development."

You are right, but development also needs feedback. Until the user notices
it is just a configuration error, it is perfectly possible that his problem
is caused by a recently introduced bug. You reply put the finger on the
error (missing CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD). That's perfect. He would be off-topic
if he went back asking "how do I add this option ?".

> Regards,
> Vito Caputo

Regards,
Willy