On Sunday 11 February 2007 23:09, Pavel Roskin wrote: > > - int signal; > > + int signal; /* used as qual in statistics reporting */ > > I'm sorry but that the thing I have always hated about wireless > extensions. Such tricks make the API context sensitive and loaded with > assumptions. > Ok, but I was merely clarifying the current situation. That problem has always been there since the patch for statistics reporting went in. > I understand d80211 still has to interact with Wireless Extensions, but > let's not make things even worse. I'm making things better. Statistics reporting is pretty bad right now in d80211 with drivers reporting bogus values when they don't know, and statistics reporting of different d80211 drivers interacting with each other when multiple devices are plugged in. This patch attempts to fix the worst issues while attempting to avoid regressions. Feel free to follow up with another patch to make statistics reporting perfect. -Michael Wu