From: Jamie Lenehan <lenehan@twibble.org>
To: Rod Whitby <rod@whitby.id.au>
Cc: openembedded-devel@lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: RFC: madwifi-ng patch rationalisation and version update
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:21:59 +1100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:44:36PM +1030, Rod Whitby wrote:
[...]
> We also intend updating madwifi-ng to a later snapshot (e.g.
> r2100-20070210), cause the current version won't build against 2.6.20
> due to changes in the INIT_WORK kernel macro.

I've been waiting for them to fix this for a while now so I can move
forward to newer kernels - so I definitely want the newer verison.

I think it'd would be a good idea to remove all the older versions as
well, apart from perhaps r1844 which corrosponds to the last actual
madwifi release (0.9.2.1). This should help get us back to one set of
patches as well since in version r1844 they changed the file that arm
is patching, requiring different patches for r1844 and newer.

Actually looking at it now it appears as if someone patched the
version in the files directory for a newer version so the older
versions (prior to r1844) won't build anymore anyway (patching will
fail). So the older versions of madwifi-ng and all the version
specific subdirs can all go as well.

[...]
> If there are other people using the madwifi package, please contact me
> so we can get this change tested by you before applying it.  Note that

I only use it on wrap (i486) and titan (sh4). They won't be effected
by your changes (and I'll test and fix up any issues for these
targers anyway.) I currently use r1844 but will move to a later
version as soon as there's one that works with 2.6.20.

> we're referring to madwifi-ng (which I couldn't find any other reference
> to in OE other than slugos and openprotium), not madwifi-modules (which
> is used directly by a number of distros).

Is anyone actually using madwifi-modules? It looks like a really old
version and looks to be hacked to only work on mips targets.

--
 Jamie Lenehan <lenehan@twibble.org>