* Fw: Problem with 2.6.20 and hostap_cs (Netgear MA401)
@ 2007-02-14 18:50 Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2007-02-14 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev; +Cc: David G Hamblen

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:59:00 -0500
From: David G Hamblen <dhamblen@adelphia.net>
Subject: Problem with 2.6.20 and hostap_cs (Netgear MA401)

I've got the ieee80211 and hostap code compiled as modules for my MA401
card,  and the system locks up when I insert the card.  No keyboard, no
sysrq, no logs after reboot, no nothing. The same configuration works
fine under 2.6.19.

If I first insert my old 3com 3c589 card, then eject it and rmmod the
3c589_cs module, the insertion of the MA401 works completely. Preloading
the modules with insmod or modprobe doesn't help.

Was there a change in the pcmcia or networking initialization code
between 2.6.19 and 2.6.20?

Here are the relevant modules.

#/sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
ieee80211_crypt_wep     5248  0
hostap_cs              59220  3
hostap                110852  1 hostap_cs
ieee80211_crypt         5632  2 ieee80211_crypt_wep,hostap
pcmcia                 29280  1 hostap_cs
firmware_class          9664  1 pcmcia
yenta_socket           26892  4
rsrc_nonstatic         13248  1 yenta_socket
pcmcia_core            39056  4 \
hostap_cs,pcmcia,yenta_socket,rsrc_nonstatic

-

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-02-14 18:50 UTC | newest]