hoi :) On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 03:20:34PM -0800, David Lang wrote: > >I want to be able to list all objects which are not reachable in the > >object store, without traversing all submodules at the same time. > >The only way I can think of to achieve this is to have one separate > >object store per submodule and then do the traversal per submodule. > > why do you want to optimize for the relativly rare fsck function rather > then the more common read functions (which would benifit from shareing > object that are identical between projects)? Because I don't know how to make it _possible_ for large repositories otherwise. Consider a Linux-distribution which handles each package as one submodule. I don't think that it's too much balanced towards fsck. The separated object store also helps reduce the memory requirement for large pushs/pulls. Sharing objects can be achieved by alternates if you want. If someone comes up with a nice way to handle everything in one big object store I would happily use that! :-) -- Martin Waitz