In linux.kernel, Brian J. Murrell wrote: > I'm trying to debug a resume problem on a compaq presario C700 laptop > on the Ubuntu 2.6.24-22-generic kernel. > > SNIPPED > > These symptoms mirror a lot of other reports with this machine in that > the first suspend/resume cycle works but a second attempts > (apparently) suspends fine but fails on resume. The backlight on the > video does not come back and neither does the wireless connection, so > I'm not positive the problems are purely video related. > > How can I proceed from here to further debug what kind of workarounds > or solutions I might be able to use to get reliable suspend/resume > functionality? Assuming Ubuntu uses pm-utils for suspend/hibernate operations, then I suspect you're needing this patch - the symptoms fit (suspend works the first time, but fails thereafter), especially if a reboot causes suspend to work fine again the first time... http://cgit.freedesktop.org/pm-utils/commit/?id=6c9f2959a36e608e4d1f71230a9eaaa77940c54e -RW