On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 23:05:40 -0600 "Jerone Young" wrote: > File util/fonttool/src/org/gnu/grub/fonttool/PFF2Loader.java didn't > make it into the repository. > > Jerone Oops! You're right; my patch is irrelevant since PFF2Loader.java is used only for the 'Viewer' tools, which Vesa decided not to include. I had not yet synced with GRUB SVN since Vesa checked in the font utilities, so I was working with my own feature branch. Never mind, then. I can still do a temporary hack to support building the font converter tool with gcj. I made this work in my shell script, and though I think doing it properly would require some autotools magic, I could add a quick-and-dirty target to a makefile to build using gcj. Should I try to do this? Regards, Colin > On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Colin D Bennett > wrote: > > > On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 16:44:49 -0600 > > "Jerone Young" wrote: > > > > > I just paid attention to this (sorry). So everything seems fine. > > > But the dependency on a proprietary java stack to generate > > > fonts isn't good. Does it happen to work with gcc java ? > > > > The font tool does work with gcj (gcc's Java compiler). I just had > > to make a trivial change (see attached) since gcj 4.3.2 does not yet > > implement the String(byte[], Charset) constructor. > > > > Regards, > > Colin > >