On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 11:43:44PM +0100, Thomas Gleixner wrote: > After a 1.5 years sabbatical from preempt-rt we are pleased to > announce a refactored preempt-rt patch against linux-2.6.29-rc4. > > The patch is working on x86 (32 and 64bit) but we have not yet updated > ARM, PPC and MIPS (work in progress). > > We also dropped some experimental features of the base preempt-rt > queue 2.6.26.8-rt15 simply because we wanted to survive the forward > port over 3 kernel releases with the least amount of surprises. These > features (e.g. multiple reader PI locks) are not essential for the > preempt-rt functionality and need some serious overhaul anyway. > > The interested -rt observer might have noticed that we based our work > on the 2.6.26.8-rt15 patch queue and did not pick the git-rt tree > which is based on 2.6.28. The reason for this is that we wanted to pick > the most stable patch queue and the git-rt tree has a lot of rewritten > new code. Our work is not making the work which was done over the last > months in the git-rt tree obsolete, quite the contrary: we want to > provide a stable yet latest-kernel based foundation and integrate those > changes gradually, as they become ready. > > The further plan for the new -rt series is to merge it fully into git > and integrate it into the -tip git tree so it gets the same treatment > as all of our -tip based work: fully automated compile and boot > testing. Furthermore an automated multi architecture -rt performance > regression test based on the same infrastructure is currently being > built. > > The integration into the -tip tree also allows us to seperate out parts > of -rt which are ready for mainline more easily and integrate them > with our usual propagation to mainline. > > The structure of the patches is likely to change over the next days > when we tackle the git integration, but we appreciate your feedback in > the form of comments, bugreports and patches. > Hi! I get some sleep while atomic warnings. I've put the log and my config in attachment.