On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 07:08:16AM -0600, Yien Zheng wrote: > At this point I'm wondering if this is a anomaly or if it has anything > to do with using an SSD. It seems the pre-2.7.29-rc7 code had a hard > stop at 85%. But the recent patch doesn't seem to have solve the > issue for me. Is there another issue that makes btrfs want to reserve > 2G free? I see another email with someone growing their filesystem > from 48G to 70G because they ran out of space on their 50G disk, which > should still have 2G free. Not quite -- I was some 5G free on a 50G filesystem, without errors. I expanded the filesystem online to 70G because I knew I would run out within the next few hours. Despite the expansion, it still ran out at (just short of) 50G. Unless you've resized your filesystem online, I think we're seeing different problems. Hugo. -- === Hugo Mills: hugo@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk === PGP key: 515C238D from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk --- Do not meddle in the affairs of system administrators, for --- they are subtle, and quick to anger.