On 04/21, Roland McGrath wrote: > > [We have been on fine details here that are quite purely ptrace innards for > a while now. I think discussion at this level of detail about this stuff > quite far from utrace per se belongs on LKML.] Agreed. s/utrace-devel/lkml/. > > > The clean-up should get rid of PT_DTRACE entirely. > > > > Agreed. But this needs another patch... > > Yes, or several. It always gets fiddly when to get lots of little arch > changes merged. The 90% that are just one-liner removal of wholly unused > PT_DTRACE can probably go in as a single patch to Linus instead of tiny > ones through each arch tree. OK. I'd like to finally do at least something. Please look at the 4 patches attached. Unfortunately, I know nothing about these arches, so I can only rely on grep. But it really looks like nobody except arch/um actually uses DTRACE. There are also some strange defines in blackfin and m68k, PF_DTRACE_BIT and PT_DTRACE_BIT, which seems to be unused too. At least I failed to find anything related in asm. Perhaps I should learn how to cross compile. Oleg.