Hi Theodore, > know where he lives) then perhaps to Thomas Kaiser, who lives a bit > closer to you. I think that all three of us are equally interested but as Well, looks like I will send it to Thomas then. I'm glad that it can still be useful. > Judging from the Vendor:Product number which you report, it is one of the > small MR97310 cameras for which the OEM driver was called the "CIF" > driver. Indeed, these cameras are not supported right now, so the matter > is interesting. I tried simply adding the usb-id to the list in mr97310a.c, but as that didn't produce anything useful (green screen), I thought I'll leave it to the pros :) > the SOF marker -- and this with the OEM driver software, too. But you say > that yours actually worked. Yup, just downloaded some driver from the net (can look up the URL if needed). > Finally, I would ask one question: > > In the libgphoto2 driver for these cameras, I have a listing for > > {"Elta Medi@ digi-cam", GP_DRIVER_STATUS_EXPERIMENTAL, 0x093a, 0x010e}, > > Do you think this is the same camera, or a different one? Yours has a I am pretty sure this is the same camera. "elta medi@ digi-cam" is printed on the front-side. The model number "8212DC" is just on a glued label on the down-side which may not be present on all charges or may have been removed or got lost somehow. I could make pictures of the cam if this helps. > Also might you be interested to try it out as a still camera, with > libgphoto2, before surrendering it to someone else? I am not at home this weekend, so I don't have access to my Linux-machines. I have the camera with me as I tested it on a Windows machine here; I could send it like tomorrow. Thomas, is it okay for you, if I leave this to you? Regards, Wolfram -- Pengutronix e.K. | Wolfram Sang | Industrial Linux Solutions | http://www.pengutronix.de/ |