On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 11:22:28AM +0300, Jussi Laako wrote: > Hi, > > Peter Zijlstra wrote: > [..] > > And 2), the kernel can help by providing a deadline based scheduler, > > which should make the above easier and less likely to mess up the rest > > of the system. ie. a deadline scheduled application will not exceed its > > allotted budget, unlike a FIFO scheduled app. > > Any news on this one? I'm still working on my SCHED_PFAIR stab. Expect an RFC someday soon pfair is a deadline-driven algorithm that also executes the tasks at a steady rate, minimizing jitter as well as meeting deadlines. This give tasks better expressiveness when it comes to instructing the scheduler how to treat the task. I'll give a more formal intro in the upcoming RFC :) -- henrik