* hda-intel missing mixer channels
@ 2009-09-12 12:04 Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2009-09-12 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

I sent this to alsa-user a week ago but didn't get any reply. Does
anybody know, what is responsible for the missing faders? Did the
driver change or is it some module loading mechanism in the distro
which prevents the faders from showing up in alsamixer? This is so
strange. Please help!

--
Orm
Hi everybody,

 after the last update of Ubuntu (intrepid to jaunty) on my Lenovo
Ideapad my microphone input doesn't work anymore (neither internal nor
external). I found out that alsamixer lacks quite a lot of faders in
the newer kernel/module compared to the older one. Some of the faders
now unavailable were crucial for Mic input to work on the older system
so I'd very much like to get them back ;-)

Some more infos:

Soundcard:    Intel 82801G (ICH7 Family)
Chip:         Realtek ALC269
Module:       snd_hda_intel (in both kernels)

Older kernel: Ubuntu stock 2.6.27-14-generic
Newer kernel: Ubuntu stock 2.6.28-13-rt

Is there any way to make the missing controls available or did the
driver change and I have to compile the older driver for the new
kernel?

Yours,
Orm

* Re: hda-intel missing mixer channels
@ 2009-09-14 12:26 ` Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2009-09-14 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Orm Finnendahl; +Cc: alsa-devel

At Sat, 12 Sep 2009 14:04:13 +0200,
Orm Finnendahl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I sent this to alsa-user a week ago but didn't get any reply. Does
> anybody know, what is responsible for the missing faders? Did the
> driver change or is it some module loading mechanism in the distro
> which prevents the faders from showing up in alsamixer? This is so
> strange. Please help!

What faders?

Anyway, try to use the latest version of alsa-driver.  Your version
is pretty old, and no merit to debug.

Takashi

@ 2009-09-14 13:06   ` Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2009-09-14 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

 I got that solved with the (unrelated) mail today from Andrius
Štikonas, where he is mentioning the model parameter in
snd-hda-intel. Putting

options snd-hda-intel model=basic

into /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base and restarting made all faders
reappear. Works like a charm now. Thanks for replying!

--
Orm

Related: sound, alsa, Lenovo Ideapad S10, mic input

Am Monday, den 14. September 2009 um 14:26:40 Uhr (+0200) schrieb Takashi Iwai:
> What faders?
>
> Anyway, try to use the latest version of alsa-driver.  Your version
> is pretty old, and no merit to debug.

* exbox.uma anyone?
@ 2013-08-26 10:40   ` Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2013-08-26 10:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

 I'd be very interested in using this box on linux:

http://www.directout.eu/en/products/exbox.uma.html

I contacted the developers. They are somehow related to RME and
replied they're interested in a linux driver as well and are seemingly
willing to cooperate.

Is anybody capable and willing to write the code? It might not be
trivial due to the internal 144x128 channel routing matrix but I guess
the 32 channel i/o is manageable.

--
Orm

* hda-intel missing mixer channels
@ 2009-09-12 12:33 Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2009-09-12 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

@ 2009-09-11 19:02 Orm Finnendahl
From: Orm Finnendahl @ 2009-09-11 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alsa-devel

Hi,

I sent this to alsa-user a week ago but didn't get any reply. Does
anybody know, who is responsible for the missing faders? Did the