From: Wolfgang Denk <wd@denx.de>
To: u-boot@lists.denx.de
Subject: [U-Boot] Firmware Upgrade
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:00:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Rahanesh,

In message <4AAF9A1F.1060206@tataelxsi.co.in> you wrote:

> Thank you very much for the reply!!!

You are welcome.

> Few questions:

Hm... please do not top-post / full quote. Please make sure to read

> 1)   You said " If your environment is stored in NOR or NAND flash, then
> you can use
>
>           the tools from the tools/env/ directory (fw_setenv / fw_printenv)."
>
>    *It is already stored in NOR Flash. This is not in a separate partition.
> Should it be in a separate partition?

That's fine. A separate partition is not needed. the fw_*env tools can
be easily configured for your setup.

>    Currently uboot.bin and environment variable are in mtd1 partition. Any
> problem? Should i create another partition for environment variables alone?

No changes are necessary.

> *2) I have downloaded these tools from*
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/main/uboot-envtools *. I am not
> able to make it. I need to cross compile this for MIPS. Can u suggest
> me an url where i can get the stable and compilable src code.

The tools come as part of the U-Boot source code. Please see
http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/SourceCode  for details.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I'm a soldier, not a diplomat.  I can only tell the truth.
	-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3198.9