From: Frank Cox <theatre@melvilletheatre.com>
To: linux-msdos@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: dosemu, powerbasic program, centos 5 and Fedora 10
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 23:06:09 -0600	[thread overview]

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009 23:44:45 -0600
Frank Cox wrote:

> To my surprise, I have today discovered that tester.exe once again works on my
> Acer Aspire One (Fedora 11/i386).  It also now works on my desktop computer
> (Fedora 11/x86_64) when I change the following line in ~/.dosemurc:
>
>  $_cpu_emu = "vm86sim"
>
> It doesn't work with the default setting of:
>
> # $_cpu_emu = "off"
>
> So there's still something strange going on, somewhere.

Looks like I spoke a bit too soon.  While my program seems to run fine on my
Fedora 11/i386 machine, it crashes on F11/x86_64 with the following error:

ERROR: EMU86: error 96

The "tester.exe" program that I wrote runs fine, but a longer program generates
the above error.

Is there anything that I can do to help troubleshoot this issue?