On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 01:03:01PM -0700, Matthew Cline wrote: > On Wednesday 14 October 2009 10:23:38 am Miklos Vajna wrote: > > > Hmm, what is the use-case when using an option --foo is useful when > > creating a commit, but not useful when crating a tag? > > In my case, it's using a commit template which starts with a comment, so I > want to move the cursor down to the line below the comment. Then rebase, tag, add -e and even commit --amend would use core.editor, while commit alone would use commit.editor, right? A minor confusion would be that git commit --amend would not use commit.editor. ;-)