All of lore.kernel.org
From: Sten Heinze <sten.heinze@gmx.de>
To: linux-btrfs@vger.kernel.org
Cc: 567681@bugs.debian.org
Subject: Patch: Allow options to be passed to btrfsck
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:59:43 +0100	[thread overview]

This patch makes btrfsck ignore (for now) options passed to it. This makes
btrfsck runs on startup not failing. I was asked to post my patch here by the
Debian Maintainer of btrfs-tools.

Background: On Startup all filesystem (on a Debian system) are fsck'ed. A
option to allow non-interactive filesystem checks on startup is passed to fsck,
usually -a or -y.
Currently btrfsck expects the device as the only parameter and fails if run
with any option e.g. btrfsck -a /dev/hda1 (returns error code 1). My patch
fixes this by allowing options to be passed, although all options are ignored
at the moment. (The attached patch is slightly improved from the one I sent to
the Debian bug report [1] before.)

Please comment if this is acceptable for inclusion in btrfsck. If not, I would
be happy to improve the patch.

Thanks,
Sten