On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:46:49 -0700 Joel Becker wrote: > On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:36:11PM -0400, Yury Polyanskiy wrote: > 1) Does getrawmonotonic() satisfy hangcheck-timer? What I mean is, will > it always return the wallclock nanoseconds even in the face of CPU speed > changes, suspend, udelay, or any other suspension of kernel operation? > Yes, I know this is a tougher standard than rdtsc(), but this is what > hangcheck-timer wants. rdtsc() at least satisfied udelay and PCI hangs. Yes, as far as I can tell. Note that rdtsc is hosed on suspend-resume. > > 2) If it does satisfy, why not use it for all hangcheck usage instead of > any ifdefs? On my part, I didn't want to touch the S390 code since I can't test it. Yury