From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@metux.de>
To: git@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Massive repository corruptions
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:22:24 +0200	[thread overview]

* Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you got corruption at offset 37,075,832 (about 37 megs) and the
> pack is over 300 megs, then the file itself is corrupted right in the
> middle (not truncated) and this couldn't have been caused by disk full
> errors.  Either you have memory corruption problems, or disk
> corruption problems, or filesystem corruption problems.  You'd better
> watch out.

hmm, I have no signs of any hw corruption, but I had a patched
version of zlib installed. Maybe some of my patches broke it,
so some strange overflow or sth like that caused that trouble.

Meanwhile, after reinstalling (unpatched) zlib and recloning the
broken repos, everything seems fine again. Maybe some of you would
like to have a look at my zlib patches ;-o

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666