On 16/07/10 14:46 -0400, Justin Bronder wrote: > I've been able to reproduce this across a number of machines with the same > hardware configuration. During a raid10 resync, it's possible to hang the > device so that any further I/O operations will also block. This can be > fairly simply done using dd. > > Interestingly, this is not reproducible when using a non-partitioned device. > That is, creating the device with --auto=yes and then directly using it > functions as expected. However, using --auto=yes or --auto=mdp and then > creating a partition across the device will cause the hang. > > From all appearances, this is not just slow I/O, days later the same tasks > are still blocked. The rest of the system continues to function normally, > including other raid devices. > > Below I'm going to include the script I'm using to reproduce, the relevant > kernel tracebacks, and /proc/mdstat. Thanks in advance for any help > resolving this. My apologies, I should have proof read this first. I've reproduced using 2.6.28, 2.6.32 and 2.6.34.1. -- Justin Bronder