On Thu, Aug 19, 15:10, Andre Noll wrote: > > Something which *might* help (but will take a long time) is to add to > > your /etc/e2fsck.conf (if you have one; if not create one wiht these > > contents): > > > > [scratch_files] > > directory = /var/cache/fsck > > > > (And then make sure /var/cache/fsck exists.) > > Thanks for the hint. It is running for an hour now and I will report > back tomorrow. ATM, it's at 1% and the two files in /var/cache/fsck > are ~50M large. It got much slower: 4.8% after one day. So I cancelled the fsck and am copying the raw device to a 64bit machine and run fsck there, as Andreas suggested. Thanks Andre -- The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe