On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 08:56:46PM +0000, bugzilla-daemon@bugzilla.kernel.org wrote: > > Using resize2fs on an ext4 will result in a corrupted filesystem. This is a > regression (obviously). Yes, this is a regression new to 2.6.37-rc1, which was introduced by commit a31437b85: ext4: use sb_issue_zeroout in setup_new_group_blocks. When we replaced the loop zero'ing the inode table blocks with sb_issue_zeroout, we accidentally also removed this little tidbit: - ext4_set_bit(bit, bh->b_data); ... which was responsible for setting the block allocation bitmap to reserve the block descriptor blocks and inode table blocks. Oops... I believe this patch should fix things. - Ted