Agenda 2011-02-14 meeting ------------------------- 01) Agree on meeting date, time and meeting lead. [Proposed: Stefan] 02) Setup oe-core repo and import yocto with history but without bitbake. Decide who will take this action item. [Proposed: Koen, Khem] 03) Discuss how we get OE metadata into the oe-core repo without loosing to much histroy and credits of the original authors. [Proposed: Stefan] 04) Access model for OE core and other layers [Proposed: Koen] 05) Guidelines for layers, e.g. encourage distro layers or not [Proposed: Koen] 06) Timeline for changes, e.g. OE releases, yocto milestones, etc [Proposed: Koen] 07) Definition of OE core [Proposed: Koen] 08) OE goals and guarantees for OE-core, which distros and machines to we recommend and 'test'? [Proposed: Koen] 09) Quickly discuss if we are fine with having the IRC meeting (read-only) open for interested community member. (Interest expressed from several ones) [Proposed: Stefan] 10) Definitive guidelines for creating board support packages. This should address: 1) Where to define toolchains and versions. 2) How to create kernel bb files. (Per board, or per kernel version) 3) Same for u-boot, how to pin u-boot versions for BSP's. Basically, we should identify all the BSP's issues that create discussions on the list and work out a best practices document so we can have more consistency. A similar set of guidelines defining what a a distro's responsibility would also be good. [Proposed: Philip Balister] 11) Re-inforcement of the "don't delete all old versions" policy, make sure this is in the wiki somewhere. [Proposed: Graeme] 12) Rough Yocto integration plan. [Proposed: Graeme] 13) Start to think about the Policies section on wiki and whether it is relevant/correct now, and also what needs to change going forward to Yocto. [Proposed: Graeme] 14) Come to a set of minimal quality requirements for our recipes/packages (e.g. must fetch, minimal required headers etc). My proposal would be to use the yocto requirements as a starter 15) Splitting our metadata into multiple layers I can think of the following: - oe core layer (shared with yocto - oe layer (or oe extra's or whatever you want to call it; containing recipes that are generic, not in oe-core and considered to be of common use) - maybe oe-old or so layer (recipes that are not maintained any more) - layer per distro for distro specific stuff - layer per machine (or maybe soc family, I can imagine it makes sense to keep BB and BB-XM together; similarly for the kirkwoord variants) - vendor specific layers (if needed), e.g. ti (although maybe that stuff could also go into a machine layer) Rationale is that users can pull in only those layers that they need. [Proposed: Frans] 16) Consider a version based release mechanism yocto has a release model, intermediate versions are aiming to build but are considered to be less mature. If our core recipes follow this model, I can imagine it is a good strategy to follow in oe too. [Proposed: Frans] 17) Discuss future of our infrastructure (oestats, autobuilder,run-time testing) [Proposed: Yury] 18) What immediate infrastructure changes are needed to work on integrating better with Yocto. [Proposed: Tom King]