Hi, On Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 03:11:57PM -0700, Kevin Hilman wrote: > Russell King - ARM Linux writes: > > > Help the typechecker do its job. As we have only one (at the moment...) > > And make it: > > > > +struct omap_device; > > > > struct pdev_archdata { > > +#ifdef CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP > > + struct omap_device *omap; > > +#endif > > }; > > > > for bonus points, so we only get the additional pointer for OMAP. > > OK, will do it this way. this has the tendency to grow larger, no ? What if all other ARMs decide to add their own pointers there too ? Counting the mach directories we have: $ ls arch/arm/ | grep mach | wc -l 64 minus a few duplicates like mach-omap1 and mach-omap2. Still, if we count 40 different subarchs and each one of them adds their own pointer here, this will become quite a messy piece of code, no ? I agree we should try to have type checks, but considering the possibility of many different pointers, does it really make sense ? Nothing against it either, though. -- balbi