On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:11:47 +0200 Alexander Lyakas wrote: > Hello Neil, > can you please confirm for me something? > In case the array is FAILED (when your enough() function returns 0) - > for example, after simultaneous failure of all drives - then the only > option to try to recover such array is to do: > mdadm --stop > and then attempt > mdadm --assemble > > correct? Yes, though you will probably want a --force as well. > > I did not see any other option to recover such array Incremental > assemble doesn't work in that case, it simply adds back the drives as > spares. In recent version of mdadm it shouldn't add them as spare. It should say that it cannot add it and give up. NeilBrown