On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 08:04:00AM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote: > * Lars-Peter Clausen wrote: > > If we've learned one thing from gpiolib, I think it is that using a global > > index to identify a resource was a bad idea. > Yes, that concern has been raised several times already. The reason for it > being this way is that the current API requires it. So either we keep it as Might be worth calling this out in the changelog to preempt further discussion - it's a totally sensible approach to take but it's not going to be immediately obvious to reviewers.