Hi, On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 11:34:42AM -0800, Rex Feany wrote: > I also get these warnings when compiling: > > CC arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-host.o > arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-host.c: In function 'usbhs_init': > arch/arm/mach-omap2/usb-host.c:528: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type yeah, I'll send a patch for that. > CC drivers/usb/host/ehci-hcd.o > drivers/usb/host/ehci-hub.c:1079: warning: 'ehci_relinquish_port' defined but not used > drivers/usb/host/ehci-hub.c:1088: warning: 'ehci_port_handed_over' defined but not used This can't really be "fixed" without some extra trickery. The fact is that OMAP can't handle port handoff (go figure) and if we use those functions, we might end up in a situation where USB doesn't work just because you connected a full speed device. By not using those functions, we guarantee that the full speed device won't get enumerated but USB will still be functional after you disconnect such device. We could add a bunch of __maybe_unused annotation to all those ehci_* functions. What do you say Alan ? -- balbi