On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 04:24:02AM +0000, Skylar Burtenshaw wrote: > Hey all. First and foremost, great work on the filesystem. Love it. That is, > until this... > > AGES ago, I had a power failure. I had 22 drives in one BTRFS filesystem. I > know, dumb idea given that it's an experimental FS, but it's not important data, > just.....LOTS of it. A dozen terabytes or so. > Now when I try to mount it with all present kernels (up to 3.2.0) I > get several minutes of disk churning, and a kernel stack trace. > Every tool I throw at it fails. find-root only shows one tree (at > the very end) after complaining about blocks seeming great, but > generations don't match for ages. Can you give us the last, say, 200 lines of find-root's output? Does it give you any listings for "root objectid"s? With find-root and recover, it's not necessarily fatal that the transids/generations don't match. > The btrfsck from the stable tree lists twenty "item # key" messages, > then stops with "failed to find block number 20975616" and aborts > every time. > I've been sitting on this filesystem for half a year now, using my > backup array, but it's getting full. I realize I'm being very sparse > on information, but I'm not sure what you need from me. Only half a year? :) I sat on my broken 6TB array for a year before I gave up and recovered the data I didn't have in backups... (And for the same reason you have -- I ran out of space on the secondary storage) Hugo. -- === Hugo Mills: hugo@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk === PGP key: 515C238D from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk --- 2 + 2 = 5, for sufficiently large values of 2. ---