On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:22:44PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote: > "W. Trevor King" writes: > >> I think it would be better to add initial tests with refactoring, and > >> snapshot specific tests with snapshot support, e.g.: > >> > >> 1/2: gitweb: Refactor If-Modified-Since handling and add tests > >> 2/2: gitweb: Add If-Modified-Since support for snapshots > > > > But the new tests would be for the new functionality (i.e. snapshot > > support), so they wouldn't belong in the general refactoring commit. > > Then you are planning to split it in a wrong way. > > ... add tests for codepaths that use i-m-s to make sure your > refactoring did not break them... Ah, I was assuming that some current tests might be checking the current behavior, and that my new tests would be testing my new snapshot behavior. If the old i-m-s handling also needs tests, that should happen before any of my previously proposed patches: 1: tests for i-m-s and git_feed 2: refactor i-m-s handling 3: tests for i-m-s and git_snapshot (which fail until 4) 4: add i-m-s to git_snapshot How does that sound? -- This email may be signed or encrypted with GnuPG (http://www.gnupg.org). For more information, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy