On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:19:04PM +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote: > On 4/11/2012 12:13 PM, Alan Cox wrote: > >Your simple IIO examples would just use the ADC abstraction, your complex > >IIO examples would use the ADC abstraction *and* layer it with IIO level > >code that is mixing it with all the other needed work. > I suspect you'll end up adding more and more to your adc abstraction > till you actually > end up with most of IIO. That's effectively what we did... It's > big because there are > actually not that many 'simple' adc's out there. I tend to agree here - I think if we try to establish a strict separation between the simple and complex abstractions it'd cause more problems than it will solve trying to split things, and from a hardware driver level it helps if there's just one upper layer.