On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:46:35PM +0200, Mitar wrote: > Hi! > > On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Marek Lindner wrote: > > Note: Whoever is going to implement that should think about the implications > > of mesh clouds periodically connecting and disconnecting. A lot of events > > could be fired over and over again. > > We made such extension to olsrd (which runs given bash script) and I > think it is the consumer who needs to take care to aggregate/average > those events and so on. Batman logic could be very simple. > > > You don't need to run another routing protocol "on top" of batman-adv. You only > > run it to announce "stuff". You can simply run your routing protocol of choice > > to announce the routes. > > Announcing and checking for node reachability, no? And the second part > still require some additional bandwidth, no? We are not talking about another "wireless oriented" routing protocol, which would need to measure link quality (cost) and announce it. We are talking about something like OSPF/BGP/RIP which can be configured to announce routes only (actually I think this is the standard way they work and this is also the reason why they are not suitable for wireless networks). Cheers, -- Antonio Quartulli ..each of us alone is worth nothing.. Ernesto "Che" Guevara