From: Brian McCullough <bdmc@bdmcc-us.com>
To: linux-lvm@redhat.com
Subject: [linux-lvm] Missing PV
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:24:19 -0400	[thread overview]

I have encountered a situation where vgscan and vgchange are complaining
about a missing UUID.

As far as I know, all, or almost all, of the LV is on the PV that is
known ( how do I know for sure? ), so I think that I am trying to just
"remove" the PV and recover what I can of the LV.

I have read Milan Brosz' slides from 2009, and the only piece that I
seem to be missing is the recovery of the LV.

I have made a copy of the PV to work with and the procedure that I need
to follow, as I understand it, is as follows:

vgscan
vgchange -a y ( fails )
vgchange -a y --partial
vgreduce --removemissing vgname

then what?

I have done:

pvs -o +uuid
lvs -o +devices

But am not sure how to interpret the results.  lvs shows two entries for
the LV that I am interested in.  The second entry shows "unknown device(0)".

Thank you,
Brian