* HSI: any status updates on omap_ssi?
@ 2012-04-21 10:52 Sebastian Reichel
From: Sebastian Reichel @ 2012-04-21 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Chinea; +Cc: linux-omap

Missing omap_ssi support is currently the most important missing
feature, to make the mainline kernel on the Nokia N900 useful, see
also [0].

Can you prepare SSI inclusion into the mainline kernel, now that HSI
has been pulled into 3.4? Do you think we get SSI support in 3.5?

[0] http://elinux.org/N900

-- Sebastian

* Re: HSI: any status updates on omap_ssi?
@ 2012-04-24 15:23 ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2012-04-24 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Reichel; +Cc: Carlos Chinea, linux-omap

* Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org> [120421 04:26]:
> Hi,
>
> Missing omap_ssi support is currently the most important missing
> feature, to make the mainline kernel on the Nokia N900 useful, see
> also [0].
>
> Can you prepare SSI inclusion into the mainline kernel, now that HSI
> has been pulled into 3.4? Do you think we get SSI support in 3.5?

Also FYI related to n900, you need to have bce492c0 (ARM: OMAP2+: UART: Fix
incorrect population of default uart pads) applied after v3.1 if using
CONFIG_OMAP_MUX to avoid some SSI pins getting wronly muxed to UART.

Then to verify, the hw floating point error you reported a while back
with omap2plus_defconfig got resolved, right?

Regards,

Tony

@ 2012-04-24 16:27   ` Sebastian Reichel
From: Sebastian Reichel @ 2012-04-24 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren; +Cc: linux-omap

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 08:23:16AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org> [120421 04:26]:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Missing omap_ssi support is currently the most important missing
> > feature, to make the mainline kernel on the Nokia N900 useful, see
> > also [0].
> >
> > Can you prepare SSI inclusion into the mainline kernel, now that HSI
> > has been pulled into 3.4? Do you think we get SSI support in 3.5?
>
> Also FYI related to n900, you need to have bce492c0 (ARM: OMAP2+: UART: Fix
> incorrect population of default uart pads) applied after v3.1 if using
> CONFIG_OMAP_MUX to avoid some SSI pins getting wronly muxed to UART.

Thanks for the info.

> Then to verify, the hw floating point error you reported a while back
> with omap2plus_defconfig got resolved, right?

I have not tried again since then. The error only occured, if the
kernel has been built with OMAP2 support. It does not show up on
kernels, which support only OMAP3/OMAP4.

@ 2012-04-24 16:42     ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2012-04-24 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastian Reichel; +Cc: linux-omap

* Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org> [120424 09:31]:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 08:23:16AM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org> [120421 04:26]:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Missing omap_ssi support is currently the most important missing
> > > feature, to make the mainline kernel on the Nokia N900 useful, see
> > > also [0].
> > >
> > > Can you prepare SSI inclusion into the mainline kernel, now that HSI
> > > has been pulled into 3.4? Do you think we get SSI support in 3.5?
> >
> > Also FYI related to n900, you need to have bce492c0 (ARM: OMAP2+: UART: Fix
> > incorrect population of default uart pads) applied after v3.1 if using
> > CONFIG_OMAP_MUX to avoid some SSI pins getting wronly muxed to UART.
>
> Thanks for the info.
>
> > Then to verify, the hw floating point error you reported a while back
> > with omap2plus_defconfig got resolved, right?
>
> I have not tried again since then. The error only occured, if the
> kernel has been built with OMAP2 support. It does not show up on
> kernels, which support only OMAP3/OMAP4.

I believe last time I checked it few weeks back it worked correctly with
omap2 compiled in. Or else there are some other .config options needed too.

Care to verify that?

Regards,

Tony