* Stephen Warren wrote: > On 06/11/2012 09:05 AM, Thierry Reding wrote: > > This commit adds support for instantiating the Tegra PCIe controller > > from a device tree. > > > +++ b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pci/tegra-pcie.txt > > Can we please name this nvidia,tegra20-pcie.txt to match the naming of > all the other Tegra bindings. Yes, will do. > > +Required properties: > > +- compatible: "nvidia,tegra20-pcie" > > +- reg: physical base address and length of the controller's registers > > Since there's more than one range now, that should specify how many > entries are required and what they represent. Okay. > > +Optional properties: > > +- pex-clk-supply: supply voltage for internal reference clock > > +- vdd-supply: power supply for controller (1.05V) > > Those shouldn't be optional. If the board has no regulator, the board's > .dts should provide a fixed always-on regulator that those properties > can refer to, so that the driver can always get() those regulators. That'll add more dummy regulators and I don't think sprinkling them across the DTS is going to work very well. Maybe collecting them under a top-level "regulators" node is a good option. If you have a better alternative, I'm all open for it. > > diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra20.dtsi b/arch/arm/boot/dts/tegra20.dtsi > > > + pci { > ... > > + status = "disable"; > > That should be "disabled"; sorry for providing a bad example. Yes. > > diff --git a/arch/arm/mach-tegra/pcie.c b/arch/arm/mach-tegra/pcie.c > > > +static struct tegra_pcie_pdata *tegra_pcie_parse_dt(struct platform_device *pdev) > > > + if (of_find_property(node, "vdd-supply", NULL)) { > > As mentioned above, that if statement should be removed, since the > regulators shouldn't be optional. Okay. > > + pcie->vdd_supply = regulator_get(&pdev->dev, "vdd"); > > Those could be devm_regulator_get(). Then tegra_pcie_remove() wouldn't > have to put() them. Okay. > > + for (i = 0; i < TEGRA_PCIE_MAX_PORTS; i++) > > + pdata->enable_ports[i] = true; > > Shouldn't the DT indicate which ports are used? I assume there's some > reason that the existing driver allows that to be configured, rather > than always enabling all ports. At least, enumeration time wasted on > non-existent ports springs to mind, and perhaps attempting to enable > port 1 when port 0 is x4 and using all the lanes would cause errors in > port 0? Yes, that's been on my mind as well. I'm not sure about the best binding for this. Perhaps something like: pci { enable-ports = <0 1 2>; }; Would do? Thierry